Citron Hygiene is a leading provider of support services for commercial and industrial facilities. We provide washroom care, pest control, chemical, warewashing and life safety services and products that help building owners and managers address their facility’s needs. Combining service excellence and innovation we help customers deliver award winning building environments to their employees, customers, and guests. The design and delivery of our services and products reflect our deep understanding of commercial facilities, our focus on creating successful customers, and our respect for the environment.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the role of the Bids and Contracts Specialist is to provide custom proposal preparation support and thought leadership to all of Citron Hygiene’s lines of business throughout Canada and the US. This position is an important function of our Business Development & Marketing Team, requiring strong organization, time management and analytical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely and collaboratively with a team of professionals to support overarching corporate strategies, including proposal support and special projects.
- Develop pricing strategy and profitability of each bid response and present thoughts to leadership prior to closing deadline.
- Research and identify posted opportunities in MERX, Biddingo, Bidsandtenders and other similar tender sites.
- Analyze and interpret RFQ/RFP requirements.
- Research items in RFQ’s to find equivalents from our product line, provide cost analysis and comparisons
- Review and analyze profitability and compliance of contracts
- Coordinate the entire proposal response process, from registering for the bid, developing pricing strategy, to the printing and assembly of the final product.
- Collaborate with both local and regional proposal teams (consisting of sales managers and subject matter experts), and effectively follow up with the
contributors to ensure submission meets deadline.
- Edit, proofread, and format the response to ensure high quality and alignment to Citron’s brand standards and messaging.
- Write and/or provide reusable content.
- Ensure proper storage of all response materials.
- Maintain an up-to-date proposal library of reusable content.
- Participate in debrief meetings to identify lessons learned and improvements.
- Track and report key metrics related to efficiency and effectiveness of proposal efforts (win/loss ratio, lessons learned, etc.)
- Develop and promote best practices related to the proposal response process.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
- A strong understanding of the proposal process and ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously is a must.
- 2+ years of experience preparing and managing proposals.
- Knowledge of the proposal development process and familiarity with RFQ documents.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office products, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is considered an asset.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, juggle multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours at times in order to achieve a deadline.
- Bilingual, French is considered a strong asset.
- Proficient with MS Office and strong overall computer literacy
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent career advancement opportunities and learning experiences within a rapidly growing company
- Competitive compensation package commensurate on experience.
- Benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
|Job Category||Corporate, Sales|