Job Posting Date: September 20, 2018
Citron Hygiene is a leading provider of support services for commercial and industrial facilities. We provide washroom care, pest control and life safety services and products that help building owners and managers address their facility’s needs. Combining service excellence and innovation we help customers deliver award winning building environments to their employees, customers, and guests. The design and delivery of our services and products reflect our deep understanding of commercial facilities, our focus on creating successful customers, and our respect for the environment.
When you choose Citron Hygiene, you are selecting a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. To ensure that we continue to be recognized as North America’s leading Hygiene Company, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, Human Resources, the duties and responsibilities of the Training and Development Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying, designing, developing and implementing training for the Operations and Administration functions of the organization;
- Conducting gap/performance analysis with department supervisors, managers, and/or subject matter experts on existing programs and modifying
- Staying on top of training requirements for each province ensuring compliance across the country;
- Designing training manuals using adult learning principles;
- Developing and maintaining training sessions and evaluation tools for positions across the organization using adult learning principles and results from quality assurance reports;
- Facilitating and delivering information effectively, conveying factual and conceptual content while applying the principles of adult learning to groups;
- Be flexible in delivering training to employees in various locations and time zones;
- Continually measuring the effectiveness of all training courses and making improvements where necessary;
- Monitoring, coaching, evaluating and tracking participant progress during training;
- Ensure all employees have completed the necessary training and keep track of necessary employee certifications;
- Identifying and documenting training issues or trends and presenting solutions to the Director, Human Resources for review;
- Evaluating relevant tools and technology in collaboration with the IT department, implementing efficient and effective training platforms where appropriate;
- Providing information on the status of training programs and trainees to applicable individuals on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree in adult education, training, or a related field;
- Minimum five (5) years of training and development experience in a customer service and/or operational service environment ;
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to modify approaches for different learning styles;
- The ability to educate and speak in front of a large group of people; and
- Proven experience with a variety of training tools and techniques;
- Sound knowledge of and experience in adult training methods;
- Experience creating, implementing, and evaluating training manuals as well as training processes;
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills; and
- Ability to speak multiple languages an asset.
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Able to work on a computer for long periods of time;
- Required to work in a busy, open area office which may result in constant interruptions;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy; and
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent career advancement opportunities and learning experiences within a rapidly growing company
- Competitive renumeration based upon experience
- Benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position