Citron Hygiene – formerly Cannon Hygiene is a leading provider of support services for commercial, institutional and industrial facilities. We provide pest control, washroom care, ware-washing solutions, life safety services and related products that help building owners and managers address their facility’s needs. Combining service excellence and innovation, we help customers deliver award winning building environments to their employees, customers and guests. The design and delivery of our services and products reflects our deep understanding of commercial facilities, our focus on creating successful customers and our respect for the environment.
When you choose Citron Hygiene, you are selecting a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. To ensure that we continue to be recognized as leaders in North America in our specific fields, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, The Chemical Mixer/Blender is responsible for mixing raw materials to create finished products according to batch instructions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set and start all mixing tanks and blenders
- Obtains and understands all documentation for making batches. Ensures correct ingredients are used for each batch
- Pumping and pouring chemicals into blend tanks in predetermined quantities
- Operates equipment (mixers, scales, meters, pumps, forklifts, etc.) safely
- Monitors raw material usage on each blend are added correctly with right weights
- Follows lab instructions regarding batch approval, adjustments and any additional requirements
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment when required
- Escalating issues/problems to lead/supervisor
- Communicates with material handlers and packers when materials are needed and batches are ready to pack.
- Completes all paperwork and batch documentation in a timely manner
- Observes safety requirements set forth by company
- Performs other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English, including safety rules, operating procedures, product recipes, material identification, etc.
- Able to manipulate 45 gallon drums of chemicals
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Able to perform these operations using weight and volume measurements.
- Able to manipulate powder bags up to 100lbs.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Valid Fork Lift Certification is required
- Knowledge and understanding of WHMIS required
- Previous experience mixing/blending chemicals
- Required to work in a busy, open and noisy area
- Required to spend long hours concentrating while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Required to stand for long periods
- This position will include repetitive bending, twisting, lifting reaching, pushing, and pulling
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent career advancement opportunities and learning experiences within a rapidly growing company
- Competitive base salary and compensation package
- Paid training
- Benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vaughan, ON
- Chemical Handling: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Forklift Operator
To apply for this position, please complete the form and upload your resume on our Careers section of our website.