Citron Hygiene (formerly Cannon Services), is one of North America’s leading providers of commercial, essential services spanning Washroom & Food Service Hygiene, Pest Control Solutions, as well as a broad range of Chemical and other Facility-based Products & Services. With over 40 years of extensive industry experience, we are headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with offices across Canada and the United States.
Pest Control service work consists of monthly, bi-monthly, or weekly inspections of pest control devices, such as monitor boards, mechanical traps, fly lights, and interior/exterior bait stations at different locations on pre-determined route. At the time of inspection, devices are inspected, dated, restocked, and an appropriate response is made to any activity found. Our team at the Markham Head Office is currently seeking a Pest Management Professional Lead Hand who is interested in pursuing a career with a market leader.
The Lead Hand is responsible for the supervision and leadership of the Pest Control Service department and responding to customer concerns/inquiries in a courteous and professional manner. He or she will effectively and efficiently manage the development and direction of the service team to drive the growth of revenue, productivity, quality assurance and to promote a high level of customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Pest Control Service Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Lead Hand include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee and manage the Service department’s operations and scheduling.
- Ensure high quality of all service activities to our broad range of customers.
- Ensure completion of service routes, installs and other service requests.
- Address customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous, professional manner.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals for all Pest Control service department staff.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to all professional pest management technicians.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Manage the morale by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of the department.
- Analyze and report on the department’s daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators and industry trends.
- Measure and monitor key indicators of the service delivered.
- Ensure that all professional pest control technicians adhere to company policies and procedures, including heath and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Structural Pesticide Licence
- Previous management experience in a technical environment with proven leadership abilities would be an asset.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Able to identify key issues and creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Proven mechanical abilities, and strong working knowledge of mechanical application and repair techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent career advancement opportunities and learning experiences within a rapidly growing company
- Attractive Remuneration including Performance Incentives and rewards
- Benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Citron Hygiene is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!