Citron Hygiene – formerly Cannon Hygiene is a leading provider of support services for commercial, institutional and industrial facilities. We provide pest control, washroom care, ware-washing solutions, life safety services and related products that help building owners and managers address their facility’s needs. Combining service excellence and innovation, we help customers deliver award winning building environments to their employees, customers and guests. The design and delivery of our services and products reflects our deep understanding of commercial facilities, our focus on creating successful customers and our respect for the environment.
When you choose Citron Hygiene , you are selecting a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. To ensure that we continue to be recognized as leaders in North America in our specific fields, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders.
The Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for the creation, management and implementation of Citron Hygiene’s Health and Safety policies. The incumbent will be required to discover and assess potential health and safety risks in the workplace and on work sites and advise on strategies and implement training programs for employees to reduce the risk of accidents on a day to day basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director, Human Resources, the duties and responsibilities of the Health and Safety Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Devise and implement health and safety policies, strategies and programs in accordance with provincial health and safety requirements across Canada;
- Develop preventative measures for accidents and assist with accident investigations;
- Ensure employees have undertaken the appropriate health and safety training;
- Inspect work sites for potential hazards and health and safety violations;
- Remain aware new legislation the changing health and safety environment and make recommendations to improve Citron Hygiene’s programs;
- Maintain all paperwork relating to Health and Safety such as, monthly reports, policies, and investigation;
- Assist with workers’ compensation claims; and
- Oversee the health and safety committees and participate and provide guidance at monthly meetings as required.
- Work with department leaders and Training and Development specialist
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of recent and relevant experience in health and safety;
- Post-secondary education in Health and Safety, or a related field;
- Demonstrated understanding of the occupational health and safety legislation and associated regulations across Canada;
- Bilingual in English and French an asset; and
- Valid G license and a willingness to travel.
- Manufacturing/Warehousing experience preferred
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Able to work on a computer for long periods of time;
- Required to work in a busy, open area office which may result in constant interruptions;
- Required to spend long hours concentrating which will require attention to detail and high levels of accuracy; and
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent career advancement opportunities and learning experiences within a rapidly growing company
- Competitive Remuneration
- Benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Citron Hygiene is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
To apply for this position, please complete the form and upload your resume on our Careers section of our website.